Humble beginnings, a pioneering spirit, brave hearts and a commitment to making a wine for the people. The Sutter Home Winery story is an American story, as timeless as it is time-honored. Our heritage dates back three generations. To when the Trinchero family left their home in New York to pursue the American Dream in California’s nascent wine industry. Today, we’re proud to be the brand that has introduced more Americans to wine than any other. Our philosophy remains the same: a great product for a fair price.
Sutter Home has a rich history of giving wine lovers the delicious products they want. Starting with the creation of the original White Zinfandel in the 1970s. Today, with more than 20 crowd-pleasing varieties. There is a Sutter Home wine for everyone. Traditional types such as Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot, to more casual wines like Moscato and Sangria.
Sutter Home is the brand generations of wine lovers trust to deliver consistent, award-winning quality. And of course, value for every wine occasion. We will forever stand by our promise to create deliciously enjoyable and affordable wines for everyone forging new paths, discovering new frontiers, and living their own version of the American Dream.
Visiting Sutter Home Winery
Majestic vineyard views, historic Victorian mansion, legendary rose gardens, and a unique variety of wine tasting experiences are just a few of the reasons to visit our Sutter Home Tasting Room and Visitor Center in the heart of Napa Valley.
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOUR CHOICE OF THREE DELICIOUS SUTTER HOME WINE TASTINGS:
- Sweet Sutter Home Flight – a sampling of the sweeter side of our offerings.
- Founder’s Selection Flight – tasting room exclusive offerings highlighted by our Napa Valley Reserve White Zinfandel.
- Complimentary Flight – featuring a variety of popular Sutter Home wines.
YOU’RE ALSO INVITED TO JOIN US ON “THE AMERICAN DREAM TOUR.” THE TOUR IS A RICH EXPERIENCE THAT YOU’LL REMEMBER LONG AFTER IT’S OVER. HERE ARE SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Guided tour through the grand Victorian mansion, which was built in 1884.
- Discover the daring story of the Trinchero Family, whose humble leap of faith 70 years ago has transformed into one of the most recognizable and delicious wines on dinner tables across America.
- Visit our signature Sutter Home Rose Garden, which the family started decades ago, and now exhibits more than 80 types of roses and 30 different types of daylilies. It’s always in bloom!
- As you walk through the historic Victorian mansion, you’ll be welcomed to enjoy a wide variety of our wine offerings, some of which can only be tasted on the tour.
- The tour is about 45 minutes, offered at 11:00am and 2:00pm daily, reservations are recommended based on availability. However, if you would like to book a private tour please call the tasting room for more information.
We believe the best thing about home is who you share it with, and we can’t wait to share our Sutter Home Tasting Room with you.